Weak Bladder Blues

8.21.2006

TB-2, the final diagnosis

It's official, I don't have TB. I did however pick up a little toenail infection while in the east. I don't know how that could have happened...perhaps I got it while I was walking through monsoon-spawned floods pouring out of open sewers. I guess, considering the worst I could have brought back, I should be pretty happy. The treatment for these things is this goo called Penlac. It's some antifungal drug suspended in what seems to me to be nail polish. So now every day, after I bathe, I have to brush this stuff on my toenails. It makes them very shiny, kind of like girls' nails when they are painted. Plus, it is recommended that you wear sandals or flip-flops to keep the sun on the nails and keep your feet dry. So basically I am walking around with painted toenails on display all day. I have to say though, I look fantastic. I may adopt this look even after the problem clears up.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Paulette said...

The paint-on stuff sounds way nicer than what I had to do (scrub with a toothbrush & Irish Spring followed by a drop of Lotrimin...but whatever works.) And who doesn't like shiny nails?

Which Rx ad character do you think is creepier, the Mucinex man or Digger the Dermatophyte? I say Digger, hands down. Blech.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Joe said...

P.S. I owe you a call, Quagmire. It has been a busy week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home