Weak Bladder Blues

1.25.2007

Clerkships looming

We have two exams next week, Monday and Wednesday. On the one hand, I'm not too worried about them, there is a relatively small amount of info to know for them. On the other, trips to Canada and general thumb-up-my-assedness have left me a little behind on the studying front. I also have a friend coming into town on Friday night so that whole evening is shot as far as studying goes. I might be pulling my first all-nighter in med school on Sunday.

We had a meeting today about 3rd year clerkships. Those are the rotations we do through all the different departments in the hospital like pediatrics, OB/Gyn, surgery, etc. The Dean of Students started the meeting by telling us all to relax and not stress about them. He then went on to describe in intricate detail how our performance in these clerkships will invariable decide the course of the rest of our lives. "No pressure, but if you do poorly in your clerkship evaluations, you will be stuck in a residency in Yuma, Arizona, working mostly on ailing pack mules."

Well, it's 1:30 AM and I have another chapter of interstitial lung disease to get through tonight. As you can tell, life here is like a William S. Burroughs memoir these days.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Good luck on the exams.

Remember, if you experience an erection lasting longer than four hours, please consult a physician.

I am wasting away my days here during the Snowless Winter with Goose, music and barbecue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home